Online eCommerce retailers migrate their stores to other platforms to improve functionality, and performance, deliver better customer experiences and drive sales and growth. At the most basic level, it is about the migration of data from one online store to another. For many businesses, the online platform they operate on offers basic or rudimentary features that may no longer suffice as they scale. An obsolete platform can harm your business and set you behind. Migration is a big task that takes sustained time and effort. Migrating to another platform will change your entire eCommerce site, admin navigation, site design, performance, functionality, and much more.
OpenCart is an open-source eCommerce platform that allows your store to become scalable while offering all functionalities of a modern online store. With Citytech, migrating to OpenCart is a simple and hassle-free process. Citytech is a leading OpenCart development company that has helped businesses, be it start-ups or enterprises in building their secure eCommerce stores.
Why choose OpenCart over other eCommerce platforms?
OpenCart is a highly scalable platform that allows businesses to leverage the features of any modern eCommerce platform. It is free to download and provides the standard features required to run an online store successfully.
- Multi-store support
- Multi-lingual storefronts
- Lightweight and easy to Setup
- Flexible product options and attributes
- Easy template system built on Twig
- Easy to edit and customize
OpenCart has an active community of vibrant and experienced OpenCart Developers that provide robust technical support round the clock. Users get lifetime support and software upgrades aimed to keep your eCommerce store at par with competitors.
Migration to OpenCart Methods
There are three ways how you can migrate your eCommerce platform to OpenCart:
- Manual migration: Manual database transfer is a time-consuming process and requires a deep understanding of the software and its functionalities.
- Assisted migration: A tech expert experienced in the process can guide you in the process with precision and accuracy.
- Automated migration: Citytech can guide you to effortlessly migrate to a current OpenCart 3 with complete attention and support.
How to prepare for the migration process?
Get your migration team ready consisting of key stakeholders involved in the process. It is also essential to choose the right time for migrating your store- preferably a low traffic time when the sales are low. Prepare a migration checklist and ensure that you follow it to minimize disruption. Migrating your store presents the perfect opportunity to audit your store data, prioritise important files and delete everything else that holds no future use. Analyze your content and keep everything organized so that the process can be streamlined and can move as anticipated.
- Provide access details to your store and target store to connect your shopping cart. Select your current platform from the drop-down menu and provide the URL along with additional details of your current online store. Next, type in the OpenCart store URL and connect both the stores using Connection Bridge. Once the process is done, click on the ”Choose Entities” button.
- The next step involves selecting the data required for migration. You can choose the entities separately or simply click on “All entities” to select all the data.
- You can further select essential data that needs to be transferred to the new store like Product IDs, SEO URLs and product image URLs.
- Run a demo of the migration process to see if it’s working before launching a full migration.
- Check the frontend of your store by searching your products, customers, and orders and the functionality of the store. Analyze your site for broken links and fix them, and perform test purchases to see if the site is working well.
- You can download further modules, extensions, themes, and integrations from the OpenCart Marketplace that can help to customize your store.
- Once the above steps are completed, it’s time to go live!
Citytech migrates your lower version of the OpenCart store to the current OpenCart 3 with complete attention and support. We migrate your data, SEO settings, and extensions so that you do not lose any valuable data during the upgrade process. With our managed upgrade service the entire process becomes smooth and seamless. We offer end-to-end services for OpenCart theme, custom extension, ongoing enhancement and support, security upgrades, 3rd party integrations and SEO consultancy. Our expert team of developers provide 100% client satisfaction.
For migrating your eCommerce store to OpenCart seamlessly, contact https://www.citytechcorp.com/technology/opencart-upgrade/.