Laravel is a clean and classy PHP framework to build modern web applications!
At the moment of this article being written, the latest version of Laravel is 5.8 and the LTS version is 5.5! It seems Laravel is always on rapid evolution mode.
What is Laravel?
Maybe, you have already been to Laravel site and got an idea about what Laravel is. Still, we’d repeat it by saying that Laravel is a free, open-source PHP framework, aimed to develop web applications by using the model-view-controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
Laravel is designed to develop elegant and simple toolkit and aims to create full-featured techniques for web applications. It is also considered as one of the most suitable web app frameworks for PHP web app developers.
How does Laravel stand out from others?
There are several things to talk about Laravel. The most important thing of them is Laravel is based on Symphony – featuring usage of HTTPS and dependency injection. Basis of Symphony allows reducing the amount of code and significantly improves performance.
If anyone asks why Laravel is developers’ favorite, we can point out to it ‘code brevity’ as an attribute. Laravel is especially ranked first in the category of PHP frameworks followed by Symphony2, Codelgniter and many more.
Key Advantages of using Laravel:
- Large developer community to help find solutions quickly
- Code brevity saves time
- Improved performance after PHP-7 release
- Well-structured and extensive documentation available
- Several resources like Laracasts are available
Which type of business projects does Laravel suit better?
Pretty much every type of project you can do by using Laravel.
Laravel enables you to develop web applications easily and rapidly. Customization of web applications is performed with equal ease. As this open-source PHP framework comes with a lot of scalable and intuitive features, developers can simply focus on business logic rather than cultivating framework intricacies.
Like other PHP based frameworks – Zend, Yii, etc. Laravel also has excellent documentation and large developer communities, which is why you can get ready solutions for everything at hand!
In order to develop real-time applications, such as for polling, chatting, scoring, and streaming, Laravel has no match and that’s why it should top your list of choice. In Laravel, you can find almost a whole number of ready-made solutions for eCommerce platform development like Magento, WooCommerce, etc.
Benefits of having projects on Laravel:
- Faster development, deployment and unit testing of web applications through CLI (command line interface) by using its default web artisan commands
- URL routing configuration by adding Middleware, Namespaces to make it more secure than ever.
- Authentication and role-based access control system integration with security of middleware mechanism.
- Eloquent ORM is a flagship feature which is usually shipped with Laravel, provides simple ActiveRecord implementation.
- Makes site scalable by using popular caching backend like Memcached and Redis out-of-the-box.
- Packagist helps Laravel development faster with its various readymade Laravel packages/dependencies, which can be managed by composer.
A strong contender in the world of modern PHP frameworks, Laravel is really a clean and classy framework to build elegant web applications. Though Laravel is highly helpful for developers, it requires skilled and experienced developers to build elegant, modern and secured business websites.
So, it’s your prerogative to hire Laravel developer who has thorough and proven track record. Check with experienced Laravel development team at Citytech, which can help you build secured and scalable websites that can deliver on your business expectations.